So easy to make and you can have a whole heep of fun decorating them. Made with fresh free range eggs, milk and butter. Perfect for everyday baking and special occasions!
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins
110g Unsalted Butter
110g caster sugar
2 Large Eggs
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
110g Self-Raising flour
For the Butter Cream
150g Softened Bbutter
300g Icing Sugar
1tsp Vanilla Extract
Food Colouring (optional)
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and fill a 12 cupcake tray with cases.
- Soften the butter.
- Using an electric whisk beat the softened butter and golden caster sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Whisk in 2 large eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add ½ tsp vanilla extract, 110g self-rising flour and a pinch of salt, whisk until just combined then spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases.
- Bake for 15 mins or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle of each cake comes out clean.
- Leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
For the Buttercream:
- whisk 150g softened butter until super soft
- Add 300g icing sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk together until smooth (start off slowly to avoid an icing sugar cloud)
- Beat in 3 tbsp of milk.
- If wanting to colour, stir in the food colouring now.
- Spoon or pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.