Wonderfully tasty served warm if you love brownies then you’ll love Blondies. Made with fresh free range eggs they are sumptuous and delicious.
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 40-45 mins
175g plain flour
100g golden caster sugar
200g soft light brown sugar
3 large eggs
½ tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
1200g white chocolate, cut in to chucks
1/4 tsp salt
- Grease a baking tray approximately 20 x 20cm with some butter it will be easier to remove from the tray if you use some baking parchment also.
- Place the butter and 100g white chocolate in a bowl and put over a pan of gently simmering water. Stir every few mins, until the butter and chocolate have melted. Remove the bowl from the pan and leave it to cool down for approximatly 15 mins.
- Heat your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- In a bowl combine the flour and baking powder adding 1/4 tsp salt.
- Place the sugar and eggs in a large bowl. Using an electric whisk, beat the mixture until it looks thick and foamy.
- Add the vanilla to the melted chocolate and stir and then pour into the whisked eggs and sugar. Use a spatula to gently fold everything together, until most of the buttery streaks have been folded in.
- Using a sieve add the flour mixture into the bowl and fold together again.
- Pour the mixture into your baking tray, smoothing it into the corners. Bake for 30-35 mins until you have soft centres.
- Check if the blondies are cooked by gently shaking the tray, they should be set but a bit of a wobble in the middle is fine. Cool completely in the tray, they will sink in the middle as they cool, just like brownies.
- Dont be tempted to remove the blondies too soon, they will be very soft, be patient. Once they are cool you can cut them into about 16 squares.
- They will keep for about 5 days in a sealed container.
White Chocolate Blondies